Saving an Adobe Premiere video project to a movable folder is important when you want to share your video project with another team member or when you simply want to safely archive your project.
Losing connections between attached and link project assets is a common problem and risk of sharing and archiving your Adobe Premiere video project. Premiere Pro’s built-in Project Manager tool helps you ensure your project assets are included in your savable and movable folder.
Access this tool in Premiere Pro via the File Menu Item called Project Manager.
The Project Manager will open and provide you options for collecting your project’s files.
- Select your project’s sequences
- Select the Destination Path location for where to save your new folder
- Under Resulting Project, choose Collect Files and Copy to New Location
- Under option, uncheck everything except Exclude Unused Clips and Include Audio Conform Files
- Finally, click the OK button
The result of clicking OK is the creation of a new folder in your selected destination. The name of your new folder will be your project’s name preceded by Copied_, so it reads as Copied_mycoolproject.
The files inside your new project folder will vary but should include:
- Adobe Premiere file (ends in extension .prproj)
- Your projects assets (video files, images, logos, etc)
- Asset metadata files (ends in extension .xmp)
- Media Cache folder
You can use this new COPIED folder to store/archive your recent video project (even deleting the original files from your computer or device) and as an easy way to share your project with others.